Friday, February 1, 2013

Reflection: Infographics: Visualizing Relationships

I've already watched the First and Second of the infographic series on Lynda.com, so I figured I should go ahead and watch the last in the series: Visualizing Relationships.

The main point of this video is to teach someone how to make a Radial chart to show relationships between multiple entities.

This was interesting to me, because I had never made a radial chart before.

While watching the video, I actually started thinking of how I could use a radial chart to depict the relationships between the Central Asia languages and the US universities that teach them. This was actually an aha moment for me, because before watching this video, I wasn't sure how I was going to depict this information.

2 comments:

  1. Amber,

    How many universities teach the languages you are attempting to link? From my perspective, this might get crazy huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all Dr. Leftwich. There are very few universities that teach these very less commonly taught languages. And many of the universities repeat. I did all the research this weekend...I think this might be the perfect graph to show the info. I will play around with it today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete